The Franco Files is the first feature added to Thomas J with a specific focus on an actor or actress who is currently working. This will be a great opportunity to dive more in-depth with a particular performer and how they contribute to the various projects they become involved in. From the very first installment:
My hope is that, through this extended feature, I bring some attention to just how exactly a single performer can influence a film, as well as turn a spotlight on the nuances of this particular actor’s entire body of work. I hope you enjoy.
Thus far we have covered James Franco. Natch. And yes, there are going to be others. If you would like to check out any of my musings on a few of his roles, please feel free to click any of the following links. This section of the blog is definitely a work in progress, so I ask for your patience as I continue to put this page together.
- as Aaron Ralston in 127 Hours
- as Saul Silver in Pineapple Express
- as Alien in Spring Breakers
- as James Franco in This is the End
- as Harry Osborn in the Spiderman trilogy
- as Oscar Diggs/Oz in Oz, the Great and Powerful
- as Mr. B in Palo Alto
- as Marty Freeman in The Iceman
- as Will Rodman in Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- as Mr. B in Palo Alto (yay for redundancies. . .)
- as Dave Skylark in The Interview