You will also find the below announcement posted over at my co-host’s site, Three Rows Back!
With our big screens about to be overcome (even more) with a cavalcade of cinematic cash cows, it’s reassuring that in the world of film blogging there is an alternative.
And that alternative is the Decades Blogathon – the third annual extravaganza hosted by my great friend Mark from Three Rows Back and myself, wherein we invite bloggers to review films from different decades.
The previous two blogathons have been a whole heap of fun and the contributions we’ve received have been never less than insightful and fascinating. Well, the time is upon us for another celebration of all things film and we are once again inviting you guys to join us!
As a reminder, the blogathon works like this:
- Pick a film from any decade with the year ending in ‘7’. And by any film we mean any film – you decide. There’s a lot of movies to choose from so it’s time to put your thinking caps on.
- Postings will go up on a first-come, first-serve basis (no time wasters please!). We’ll put up the entries that come in first and there will be one posted every day on this site and Three Rows Back, with each entry having a corresponding re-blog on the other site.
- Like last year, we’ll be capping the number of posts to 20. This means the blogathon will run for 10 days or so to keep things manageable. Please only send in ONE piece so we can maximise the number of contributors (Mark and I will also be included in that count, with our reviews coming at the end***).
- If you want to become involved, send an email to either myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mark (email@example.com) with your suggestion. If no one else has already claimed your selection then you’re on board! We’ll then ask you to send us your post (with accompanying images) to the same email addresses as soon as possible. We ask that you send us an original piece (i.e. not one you’ve already run on your site) and you DO NOT PUBLISH ON YOUR SITE BEFORE IT GOES UP IN THE BLOGATHON.
- We’re aiming to start the blogathon in the next few weeks. Please let us know by Monday 8 May if you’d like to be involved and then provide us your article by the following week.
*** Fear not, neither of us will be taking Star Wars so that one is free, while the birth of the New Hollywood – 1967 – is there for the taking! Personally, I’ll be covering Sidney Lumet’s classic 1957 jury room drama 12 Angry Men, while Mark will be drinking some milkshakes while watching Paul Thomas Anderson’s 2007 masterpiece There Will Be Blood. All other films released in a year ending ‘7’ are free to choose from, so please get involved – we’re looking forward to receiving your entry!
Pingback: Death at a Funeral (2007) – Realweegiemidget Reviews Films TV Books and more
That was a lot of fun Gil, thanks for taking part!
Pingback: Month in Review: May ’17 | Thomas J
This is gonna be a good one this year!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m stoked. Once again we have a good diversity of years represented. I think it’ll be a good one too!
LikeLiked by 1 person