Hey there one and all! Well it pleases me greatly to announce the official line-up of the 2016 Decades Blogathon, and so quickly. Thank you for responding so quickly and Mark and I both look forward to jumping in here and reading what you all have to say about your chosen movies. Once again this year we have an impressively eclectic selection of titles, and that’s just the way we like it.
So here’s how things are going to play out. Once again, there will be one review posted each day either on this site or on Three Rows Back, and whichever site it doesn’t go up on first, it will be re-blogged there on that day.
Posts are ordered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Which means our esteemed blogging machine Rob from Movie Rob kicks things off in style with his review of Top Gun (1986) — (way to pick a classic, Rob! 🙂 ) — and Mark, the brains behind this whole operation, will conclude things with his thoughts on Taxi Driver, which came out the decade prior.
I guess I could also mention when you can expect to see these posts start going up. We have decided that Monday, May 16 will be the first day of posting. Please have entries in latest by Friday the 13th, that way sloths like me will have time to sort through the reviews and get them formatted and set-up for presentation.
Because the spots filled so quickly this year, we’re anticipating a few late requests. Though we won’t be able to expand the pool to more than 20, last year we had one or two people duck out of the race at the last second, so if you find yourself on the outside looking in, you might just have a chance to get in if you let us know soon. If someone does drop out, those spots will be yours (again, on a first-come, first-serve basis). Thanks for your interest everyone and we look forward to getting this thing rolling on the 16th.
- Movie Rob — Top Gun (1986)
- Keith & the Movies — Au Hasard Balthazar (1966)
- It Rains, You Get Wet — The Outlaw Josey Whales (1976)
- Cindy Bruchman — Notorious (1946)
- Ramblings of a Cinephile — The Battle of Algiers (1966)
- The Last Picture Blog — Andrei Rublev (1966)
- Fast Film Reviews — The Ten Commandments (1956)
- Flick Chicks — The Fountain (2006)
- Drew’s Movie Reviews — Grandma’s Boy (2006)
- Sporadic Chronicles of a Beginner Blogger — Scream (1996)
- Defiant Success — Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)
- The Cinematic Frontier — Labyrinth (1976)
- Movie Man Jackson — She’s Gotta Have It (1986)
- Nola Film Vibes — Stand By Me (1986)
- Flixchatter — Casino Royale (2006)
- Carly Hearts Movies — Trainspotting (1996)
- Epileptic Moondancer — The Tenant (1976)
- Marked Movies — A Scanner Darkly (2006)
- Digital Shortbread — Inside Man (2006)
- Three Rows Back — Taxi Driver (1976)